N’Golo Kante has played down rumours that he would join Real Madrid next summer and insisted his future still lies with Chelsea. The France international has been linked with Los Blancos following Zinedine Zidane’s return to the Bernabeu.
The 27-year-old confirmed during an interview with RTL that his future lies at Stamford Bridge and he has no plans to move on.He said: “I am at Chelsea and I still have aims here, what is said elsewhere is not important. “That is not important. I am at Chelsea and I am focused on that.”
The European champions were reportedly lining up a summer swoop for Kante following his remarkable form since joining the Blues from Leicester City in 2016.
Fellow countryman Zidane is a huge fan of the midfielder, who has been played out of position by Maurizio Sarri this season.
Chelsea faithfuls claimed they were “ruined” when Los Merengues stepped up their interest in the Frenchman and team-mate Eden Hazard.
But the 37-capped France international has proved his commitment to the club when he penned a new five-year deal last November.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Eden Hazard has dismissed
media reports suggesting he has agreed a deal to join Real Madrid in the
summer from Chelsea.
Spanish media outlets reported on Friday, March 22, that the Chelsea star had agreed in principle a five-year-deal to join Madrid in the summer.