Business is booming.

BREAKING:Enugu State Broadcasting Service Gutted By Fire (Pictures)

The Headquarters of the Enugu State Broadcasting Service situated at the Independence Layout close to Agric Bank Junction was on Tuesday morning destroyed by fire.

Albeit the reason for the fire was at this point to be discovered as of the hour of recording this report, the fiery blaze was said to have totally obliterated the newsroom and moderators office.

It was accumulated that a HD Cameras and PC of one of the staff was scorched to cinders.

Staff of the station told our reporter on state of obscurity that the fire began soon after the station was opened for the early morning broadcast around 5.30am to 6.00am when a generator was put on.

He said that safe for the convenient reaction of the State Fire Service, the whole station would have been destroyed by fire.

Another staff additionally told our journalist that they were at misfortune about the unending fire episode at the station since police officers were sent to monitor it soon after the cross country #EndSARS fight a year ago.

"Since the station was worked in 1983, we have not heard or seen fire episode. In any case, under a month a police separation was sent to the station, our store with gear was destroyed by fire. That storage facility had no power supply and there was hedge around it at this point it was destroyed by fire. Till today, police were yet to deliver their examination report on that occurrence before this one.

"Soon after that first occurrence, the police officers were eliminated and another arrangement of individuals were brought and presently it has reoccurred. I'm not saying that those police officers were behind the episode yet an intensive examination ought to be led on this fire occurrence."

The General Manager of the station, Chukwuma Ogbonna, who addressed our reporter soon after the fire was extinguished by firemen, bemoaned that the episode was the second fire occurrence at the station this year.

Despite the fact that, he said that the current episode could be credited to control flood, notwithstanding, the principal occurrence had stayed a riddle.

"I truly express gratitude toward God that the Fire Service came on schedule and saved the station any other way I don't have the foggiest idea what might have occurred. The firemen have extinguished the fire. It didn't obliterate numerous things, essentially we can go on air."

Regretting on the past fire episode, Ogbonna said "that one occurred in our store and all the hardware were completely obliterated. Till today the reason for that fire has stayed a riddle on the grounds that there was no power supply to that store.

"Later the occurrence, police talked with all the staff and their report hasn't been delivered. So it has stayed a riddle. Yet, this one that happened today can be ascribed to a power flood. I think there was an issue at the control board that prompted the fire occurrence today."

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More